Construction laborers perform a variety of duties at various construction sites/construction yards. The job of a general laborer varies in structure; therefore, the ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi task all while taking direction from various Supervisors/Site Foremen.
- Cleaning and sweeping a concrete slab and all areas
- Laborers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, climb scaffolding, ladders and carry at least 50 pounds of weight
- Personal protection equipment (PPE) must have steel toed boots, hard hat
- Knowledge and the ability to comply to ALL WorkSafe (WCB) procedures/safety practices including on site work practices and guidelines
- Familiarity with power tools including hand grinder, skill saws, pressure washer
- Remove rubble and debris at the construction site and ensure proper disposal
- Follow safety procedures and ensure site cleanliness. Provide any & all training certificates, tickets or safety levels (not a require for certificate/ticket but would be a great asset)
- Must have means of reliable transportation to job sites. (Sites are usually located in close proximity to Skytrain Stations and Transit routes)
- Must be willing to work overtime as required
- Knowledge of Peri and Doka Systems an asset
To apply for any position(s) please submit your resume, cover letter and wage expectations for consideration via email or fax. NO phone calls please.